New eBook on Force Torque Sensors in Robotics Research
Posted on Feb 10, 2016 7:00 AM. 1 min read time
You are interested in force torque sensors and do you want to have further information on how this type of device works? Well, we just created the perfect resource for you. On of our collaborators, Alex Owen Hill, PhD, explains the deep technical details to bring you the most from of this technology.
In this eBook, you'll get resources, tips and a whole lot of other information about force sensors, including:
- Choosing force sensors for research: what force sensing means for robotics research, what are the different types of force sensors, and how to choose the right force sensor for your research project?
- Using force sensors in research: common research applications for force sensors, how to interface with force sensors, and getting started with force control.
- Designing experiments with force: how to use force sensors to gather experimental data, integrating force sensing with ROS, and best practices for presenting force data in research results.
Included will be a free subscription to a 4-part email series. These emails provide loads of links to free information to help you move forward with force sensing in your research:
- How to buy a force sensor for robotics research
- Where to learn more about force sensors in robotics
- How to troubleshoot a force sensor
- How to present force data in research publications
We hope you will find this document constructive and that you will learn a lot from it. You can download it by clicking on the big colored button here. Enjoy!